Aims & scope
The Iranian journal of space structures is an international forum for publication and rapid dissemination of original and peer reviewed researches on space structures. The main scope of the journal encompasses, but is not restricted, to the following areas:
- Developing and promoting of science and technology of space structures;
- Providing for interchange of last findings of researchers, structural engineers, architects and manufacturers on all aspects of analysis, design, construction and implementation of space structures;
- Promoting technical and scientific knowledge of experts and researchers in the field of space structures;
- Creating link between universities and research centers with industry in order to transfer the last research findings;
- Introducing of innovations and challenges in the areas of analysis, design, construction and implementation of space structures.
Topics of interest
The journal publishes original research and articles falling within the broad field of space structures which includes grids, barrel vaults, domes, towers, antennas, retractable and foldable structures, tensegrity systems, membranes, inflatable structures and cable structures. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis including theoretical and experimental studies on linear and non-linear, static, dynamic, seismic, stability, optimization and reliability issues;
- Loading including wind, earthquake, fire, snow, impact and explosion loads;
- Configuration processing including studies on various configurations of space structures, applications, data generation;
- Design, construction and implementation including construction and installation, materials, claddings, joint systems;
- Architectural aspects including harmony between form-system-function, morphology, architectural design, conceptual design, architectural strategies in the cladding, openings, natural light, interior design and aesthetic of space structures;
- New technologies in all areas of space structures, especially smart structures, green structures, novel applications, innovative and modern innovations.